12 January 2006

a Good book review

Brea and I had started reading "A Million Little Pieces" by James Frey after hearing a lot of good things about it. Come on, Oprah couldn't put it down - it MUST be good.
It's a pretty raw account of one man's journey through drugs and rehabilitation... Certainly not a fun read. Brea had to stop reading, but I tried to keep going.
There seemed to be some substance to it and I was intrigued

But then I started see some of the stories come out saying that maybe there is more fiction than truth. From the Smoking Gun.com
Police reports, court records, interviews with law enforcement personnel, and other sources have put the lie to many key sections of Frey's book. The 36-year-old author, these documents and interviews show, wholly fabricated or wildly embellished details of his purported criminal career, jail terms, and status as an outlaw "wanted in three states.
link

All of a sudden I had this hard to read book that might not be completely true. It's one thing to read the story of how a man battled through and came out on the other side.... It's another thing to read a story full of shock for the shock value.

Oh well... next book.
at lease this one I know I'll like.... I hope

update: Janurary 13, 2006
I was litening to Tucker and Taz on Fm96 this morning and aparently Taz feels the same way.
Seems the media is catching up with the story.






























































No comments: